Friday, September 20, 2013

You're the Inspiration Chicago


Chicago is an American rock band formed in 1967 in Chicago, Illinois. The self-described "rock and roll band with horns" began as a politically charged, sometimes experimental, rock band and later moved to a predominantly softer sound, generating several hit ballads. The group had a steady stream of hits throughout the 1970s and 1980s. Second only to The Beach Boys in Billboard singles and albums chart success among American bands, Chicago is one of the longest-running and most successful rock groups in history.


The 1970s: 'Chicago'
The band released a second album, titled Chicago (also known as Chicago II), which was another double-LP. The album's centerpiece track was a seven-part, 13-minute suite composed by Pankow called "Ballet for a Girl in Buchannon.


The 1980s: Changing Sound, and the Ballads
Chicago XIV (1980), produced by Tom Dowd, relegated the horn section to the background on a number of tracks, and the album's two singles failed to make the Top 40.


You're the meaning in my life
You're the inspiration
You bring feeling to my life
You're the inspiration
want to have you near me
I want to have you hear me sayin'
No one needs you more than I need you 

You're the Inspiration (Chicago 17) was arranged by Peter Cetera and David Foster. It's a beautiful evergreen song that has stood the test of time and remains #1 to many Chicago fans, such as myself. "You're the meaning in my life. You're the inspiration. You bring feeling to my life. You're the inspiration."



Magpantay, Maria Ellaine DC.
BCR 3-1

No comments:

Post a Comment